2007-08-08

Under the Bleachers by Seymore Butts

I just finished a book that was recommended to me called Under and Alone by a fellow named William Queen. Billy was an ATF agent that infiltrated the Mongols motorcycle gang and took down quite a few people.

The story itself is quite good: true to life tale of a good guy giving it his all to protect the rest of us from the worst of the worst. It's got all the elements of a Hollywood action movie right down to the conflicted hero.

This book does suffer from some problems though. The underlying problem is that I get the feeling that the book was ghost written. It just sounds like someone typing up a series of incidents that another person is relating. The chapters are somewhat disjoint and lacking cohesion, and it lacks the final emotional oomph that only the person who lived it could give it.

Overall I'd rate this book as four out of five sprockets.

3 comments:

Rocky said...

Not only do I sport wood reading that book, I sport wood thinking about reading that book. I'm sporting wood right now posting about that book. I dunno know if I'd agree with your assessment. He's a BAMF (badass mofo) so I wouldn't expect him to get too emotion. Heck, just reading all the ridiculously insane stuff that club does is emotional enough. If you like that book, I'd recommend an Amazon.com search on Hell's Angels. I've got a couple of books on OMC's (outlaw motorcycle clubs) and they're always a page turner. Heck, Sonny Barger even wrote a couple of "fictional" OMC books based on a "fictional" club out of "California". (actually, that last double quote makes no sense but i've typed too far to go back :-/ )...........

C said...

Oh, Roquefort. Someday I will teach you the magic of the left arrow button on your keyboard.

Rocky said...

Hey, yeah, actually can you show me how to make hyperlinks? danke schon!!