2008-09-03

Digg A Hole, Then Crap in It

The meta-news site, Digg, garnered a lot of attention a while ago. It was hailed as the second coming of the Internet. The concept was that you, citizen journalist, can "Digg" up news stories and post them online to be democratically voted up or down. The steam turd of a buzzword for this is, "user-generated content". Well, having "yes" or "no" buttons on a web site hardly equates to democracy. I haven't visited Digg very often anymore. Maybe twice a year. But every time I'm astounded by the fact that the site is so blatantly slanted to the liberal bent. I'm talking like beyond Marx himself here! It's so bad that I find the site to be completely irrelevant anymore aside from being a soapbox for every blowhard and political pundit wannabe.

1 comment:

Ryan F said...

That's why I watch the "Digg Reel" and just watch the silly videos each week.