2008-02-13

Roger Clemens Versus the World

As I listened to NPR today report on the baseball steroid hearings I came to a conclusion. The problem right now is that Clemens' old physical trainer and also a former teammate are saying that The Rocket shot up with steroids and human growth hormone (HGH). But Roger comes right back with the untouchable, "No I didn't!" The problem comes down to the fact that the committee has (as far as I understand it) no legal power to compel the type of evidence discovery as is necessary to prove anything here. For instance, the trainer claims to have kept syringes and bloody cotton balls he used when injecting Roger. Can those be tested? Can the committee require Clemens to submit to a DNA test? No! So it all becomes one person's word against another. After realizing that I suddenly lost all interest.

1 comment:

Ryan F said...

Blog, eh? Seems like you've been too busy to post. Nice limerick, though.